The Lying Planet Review

Title: The Lying Planet
Author: Carol Riggs
Series: Not Applicable
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: 19 September 2016
Source: Heather's Book Tours
Format: E-book
Pages: 285
Rating: DNFed at 10% (No rating)
Reading Timeline: 12 July 2017










Goodreads Synopsis:

Promise City. That's the colony I've been aiming for all my life on the planet Liberty. The only thing standing in my way? The Machine. One my eighteenth birthday, this mysterious, octopus-like device will scare my brain and test my deeds. Good thing I've been focusing on being Jay Lawton, hard worker and rule follower, my whole life. Freedom is just beyond my fingertips.

Or so I thought. Two weeks before my Testing with the Machine, I've stumbled upon a new reality. The truth. In a single sleepless night, everything I thought I knew about the adults in our colony changes. And the only on who's totally on my side is the clever, beautiful rebel, Peyton. Together we have to convince the others to sabotage their testings before it's too late.

Before the ceremonies are over and the hunting begins.

Book Review:
Pre-reading Thoughts:

I am excited for this book because this is the first time that I am doing anything for Heather's Book Tours. And I am excited to see where this new business will go! I am also excited for this book because it sounds really interesting and like it will be quite adventurous and perhaps even swoon worthy by the looks of it.

Thank you so much to Heather's Book Tours for supplying me with a copy of this book to review. Just a small disclaimer to those who are reading this review. I have received this book for free. No money from my pocket was spent in getting this book. Please do note that in no way does this affect my opinion. All thoughts still remain my own.

Final Thoughts:

So you may notice that this has a bit of a different format. Well it's because I dnfed (did not finish) this book at 10%. This has nothing to do with the fact that the book was bad or nothing made sense. It all came down to the fact that this was just not the right book and the right time. I also feel that if I did push through it, it would reflect badly on my experience with this book. So from the couple of pages that I did read, I'll tell you my thoughts.

The writing is good, however it is in present first perspective. This means that the sentences go like this "I am doing gardening" and so on. It is a rare way to write a book and I think that the author did it well. But the problems that come from that include the lack of gender. I thought this book was told from the perspective of a young female and when it mentioned a girlfriend, I thought oh that's so cool, this book as lesbian representation. I was mistaken because the book is told from the perspective of a guy...

From what I can tell, the story is good or at least it looks like it will be good and filled with action.

The book definitely has potential and maybe in the future I will pick it up again and see where the author wants to take me. If I didn't complete this book, I would probably have given it between 3 - 4 Stars.

Yours in Reading,

Melleny

Comments

Popular Posts