The Elven Tales : The Company of the Rose Review

Title: The Elven Tales: The Company of the Rose
Author: Fabi Ghittoni
Series: The Elven Tales #1
Publisher: Self-published
Publication Date: 02 February 2017
Source: Author
Format: E-book
Pages: 251
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Reading Timeline: 29 January 2017 - 05 February 32017










Goodreads Synopsis:

Prudence Clark lives a seemingly normal life in Cambridge with her best friend's family. But a series of strange events compounded by a wave go kidnappings is about to turn everything she believed about her existence upside down.

A brutal attack catapults her into a new reality - one that makes her the most important refugee of the Council of the Five Kingdoms. Now, she's charged with the task of finding the King's lines to stop Alanel, the most malicious and ruthless being, following his escape from prison.

Alanel has declared war on the king of Arkana. Now, even more shocking truths come forth, exposing long-held secrets about Prudence's past and her destiny. Her new found knowledge will prompt her to embark on a treacherous journey to face dangerous beasts in the most inhospitable places. But her journey will not be alone, she'll be joined by the Company of the Rose, brave warriors that will fight by her side, and hopefully, lead to the retrieval of the runes before it's too late.

Book Review:
Pre-reading Thoughts:

I requested this book from the author when I heard that she was looking for reviewers. I have been wanting to read this book, not because of the synopsis but because it has born showing up everywhere on my Instagram feed. I am super grateful for this opportunity. The book sounds super interesting and I cannot wait to get into ti!

Writing Thoughts:

The Elven Tales: The Company of the Rose is well written and incredibly descriptive. Whenever a new creator was introduces, there was always a short description of how they look and certain traits that they possess. That little extra sentence was super informative and it really helped a lot! However when it came to common creatures such as nymphs, they weren't explained as thoroughly. The consistency would've just helped out with the flow of the story.

The story is beautifully written and it felt as if I was part of the Company of the Rose as they travelled through the Five Kingdoms. However, the book felt more like a middle grade novel than a young adult one. This did not hinder the book at all because the writing and content was still excellent

Plot Thoughts:

One moment we are in a normal mundane world and the next we are tossed into a world filled with danger and magical creatures. Action just follows from that moment onwards. The story was just amazing and incredible. I loved every moment. Every chapter kept me on my toes and there were so many things that happened that were so unpredictable. It was absolutely perfect! Sitting on the edge of my seat does not even begin to describe how I felt throughout this book. I loved how each chapter had these small little mysterious that get solved on the way.

Character Thoughts:

I loved all of the characters in this book except for two people. They were Maddie, Prudence's best friend and Genuss. Even though I didn't like Genuss, I still think that she and the rest of the crew were pretty kick ass. Each character had their small quirks that made them interesting and lovable! 

Final Thoughts:

I was lucky enough to get this book from the author!

Overall, I thought that this book was amazing. It did feel like a middle grade for the most part. I loved every moment of the book. And don't get me started on how gorgeous this book is. The art work in the cover and on the inside of this book is just amazing! Even if I didn't like it in the end, I would still buy the physical copy. If you are looking for a well built world and endless action, then this is the book for you!

Yours in reading,

Melleny

Comments

Popular Posts